Local Rules ( cont.)
10. Accidental Movement of a Ball on a Putting Green
Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows:
When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.
The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.
Note: If it is determined that a player’s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstances is replaced.”
11. If present Coot Fences are played as immovable obstructions. A player may without penalty take one club length relief for stance and swing ONLY IF the ball is outside the red penalty area, If the ball is inside the penalty area, the player may play the ball as it lies of take relief outside the penalty area under penalty of one stroke. If the ball hits the fence and goes in the water the ball must be played on the far side of the hazard under penalty of one stroke.
12. A ball is out of bounds if it comes to rest beyond any boundary wall or comes to rest on or beyond a public road even if it comes to rest on another part of the course that is in bounds for other holes.
13. When a ball crosses the edge of the RED PENALTY AREA on Holes 1, 2 and 18 and it is virtually certain the ball came to rest in the penalty area, as an extra option adding one penalty stroke, the player may drop the original ball or another ball equdistant on the opposite side of the penalty area within two club lengths.
1. Guests will be allowed & encouraged in weekly tournaments. Guests without a current SCGA handicap may play recreationally. Guests with a handicap will be allowed to compete in optional skins competition. Guests will be limited to 4 tournaments in a given calendar year. Guests will not pay the prize fee.
2. The Club will conduct two Major Tournaments (President’s Cup and Club Championship) each year. To be eligible to compete in these major tournaments, the member must have competed at least 4 times on Tuesday within the previous 13 weeks and 10 times in the preceding 12 months. The Board of Directors may waive these conditions.
3. Skins competition is optional. Handicap is actual handicap except there will be maximum of 1 stroke per hole and no strokes on par 3 holes.
4. With the change of ownership, prizes are now in cash. We are currently operating with 2 flights; Blue Tee & White Tee. Net awards for each flight.
5. Cardoff Procedure: In the event of a tie for 1st place, the SCGA standard cardoff procedure will be used, 1st place only.
...........Local Rules. Redhawk Mens Club
All competition is for amateurs in accordance with the current Rules Of Golf, published by the USGA.
1. Free Relief is NOT provided for bare ground, whether in fairway, rough, or green. Free relief through the green IS allowed for tire ruts, french drains, immovable obstructions, drain covers, & other conditions noted in the Rules of Golf.
2. All Wood Pilings outlining penalty areas or bunkers are deemed integral parts of the course. The ball must be played as it lies or deemed unplayable. Wood pilings outside of penalty areas are immovable obstructions. Relief from stance or swing interference is nearest point of relief no closer to the hole - drop within one club length. No penalty, Rule 24-2. PILINGS ON 14 BACK OF GREEN & 18 NEAR BRIDGE ARE IN THE HAZARD - NO FREE RELIEF unless ball is on the greenside of of the piling on hole 14 relief may be taken in the drop area behind and to the right of the green The area on the hill Behind the ilings on hole 14 is designated as a red penalty area, play from the drop area with a one stroke penalty. Special Rule; the bridge on 18 and the immediate area, free relief for ball on the ground runup & exit from bridge.
3. The drop zone on the 8th hole is provided as an added alternative when ball is lost in the water hazard.
4. Lost ball on 12th hole is played as lost ball, without using the drop zone. Rule 27-1
5. Embedded ball through the green, embedded in other than sand, may be lifted cleaned & dropped. No penalty. Rule 25.
6. Waste areas are played as the General Area on holes 4, 5, 6, 12 & 13.
7. Stones in bunkers are considered movable obstructions. Rule 24-1
8. Measuring devices may be used. If the device measures other than distance, the other functions must be turned off.
9. Hazards may be defined by stakes and/or painted lines, but where stakes or lines do not exist the hazard is defined by 'change of condition'. Typical for water hazards & rough where not staked.
We play golf for fun! We are now implementing this Code of Conduct to help achieve that objective. All members are expected to abide by the following guidelines: